Friday 29 January 2010

Shiny Happy People

I've been a little bit down in the dumps the last few days.

Nothing awful, just a bit fed up, lots of little bits conspiring & ganging up & getting me down. I hate that. I am, as a rule, a chirpy, upbeat, cheerful sort of chick, and I annoy myself when I get in a funk. I've also completely lost my blogging mojo of late - lots of posts I want to do, but no time and/or motivation to make them happen.  I think it may be a case of too much going on + lack of focus + ongoing run down-ness = big chunk of Bleh. But I'm on it, I am.

So, thank goodness for the Shiny Happy People meme that's doing the rounds. It was started by the lovely Rosie Scribble, and I'm sure I've been tagged, but can't entirely remember who by, so I'll just get on with it...

The rules go:  Name a song that makes you happy – a song you would listen to if you needed a sudden injection of happiness. Post an image that makes you smile, it can be anything – a silly photo, an image taken from the internet, anything at all that puts a smile on your face (and isn’t too rude!)

So, first up, the song.  Oh this was hard.  Music is one of the big loves of my life, and I have A LOT of go-to songs for when I need cheering up. After much deliberation, I opted for this little beauty:







That's right, the eternally-awesome work of The Electric Light Orchestra.  I challenge anyone to listen to this GEM and not smile or tap a toe. If you don't, I fear you might be made at least partially of STONE!  ELO are  a favourite of the Little Dude too - I had a bit of a revival during my pregnancy, and now whenever he hears them, his eyes light up :) (same goes for the Guillemotts, The Arctic Monkeys, MGMT & Elbow - who would ALL get a place if I was allowed to pick my top TEN happy tunes.)  (Actually, I might add that to the list of posts I want to do.)

And a happy picture? Of course I could choose a photo of the little dude, or the daddy - those all make me smile, but instead, I'm opting for a favourite Loldog. (People are often surprised that icanhascheezburger is firmly in my favourites - presumably because I am a grammar snob and HATE txt spk {urg, felt dirty typing that :P}, but throw it together with insanely cute dogs & cats, and I freaking LOVE it.  Call it a guilty pleasure.)

So, Tah Da!:

PLAY!!

How could anyone not catch the happy from this little mutt?!

Okay sure, it helps that I'm gaga for dogs in general, but really, the sheer joy in those eyes - the cheesey grin, the big wet nose - isn't he brilliant?!

This one was a close contender too:

I have a weakness for the shaggy cuteness of a little gremlin-like shih-tzu, being that it is my own mutt of choice.  She makes me smile too... most of the time.  She's actually in the proverbial dog house after contributing to the not so very fun parts of the last few days, but that's another story.  For the most part, I love my little hair ball, and she is mostly happy-enducing.  (And she is ever so good with the little dude, can't fault her for that.)

Highly reccomend a cheezburger visit to anyone feeling a bit blue - and if you're not a four-legged fan, there are funny people pictures too :)

As for the tagging - I think most people have done this already, but if you haven't, do!

Forget your troubles, get happy. You'll feel loads better for it. I do :)

3 comments:

  1. MadDad loves ELO!! Hope your mojo returns soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by leslieanne, little dudes mummy. little dudes mummy said: {New Blog Post:} The one where I'm a shiny happy person :) http://bit.ly/9XoMiK [...]

    ReplyDelete