Saturday 6 February 2010

It's official...

...I am now a full time mummy.

Actually, it's been official since last month when I took a deep breath & told my boss I wasn't coming back after my maternity leave, but I haven't had the chance to blog about it until now.

I haven't been this particular combo of super excited & completely terrified since I found out I was pregnant in the first place. On one hand, it's incredibly liberating. It's such a relief to not have to worry about finding great childcare / missing out on important stuff / re-learning my job - and I *love* knowing that I can spend the next couple of years just enjoying watching the little dude grow up.
But on the other side of the coin, I have no job. (Well, not a paying one anyway!)
It's the first time since I was 15 that I haven't had a job.
Eeek.

Don't get me wrong, the plan is not to be a 'lady of leisure' (ha! does that apply to any mummy??), I am actually hoping to be classing myself as a WAHM, or even a Mumpreneur very soon (balls in the air... plans forming!), as we do need for me to be bringing in *some* de niro.
It's a bit of a leap of faith, but it feels right. And very exciting.

So, if anyone hears of great opportunities to work from a home, point me in the right direction if you please!
Every little helps! :D

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Must be a fantastic feeling. I've been back at work 4 weeks now, just part time but finding the constant juggling act very hard work. Just hoping and praying for my business to take off now so I can be a full time WAHM. I'm a member of some great forums for starting up a business so if you need any help at all or advice I'm sure I can help or at least point you in the direction of someone who can.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I can see why you're excited, good luck with you plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! The world's your lobster! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, thank you - I may just take you up on that!

    What's your business?

    ReplyDelete