Tuesday 17 November 2009

One day...

Work shop time over at Josie's again!  This lovely mummy is still not 100% fighting fit, so go show her some love.  Despite being poorly, she's still put together some excellent writing prompts - because she is a trooper & generally brilliant.

So, this week, I'm choosing No. 1: Write about what you hope for ‘one day’.  Sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

One day, I'll have this whole mothering gig well and truly cracked. I'll know exactly what to do in any given situation.  I won't doubt myself, I won't let myself think 'oh-my-goodness-i'm rubbish at this', I won't assume that everyone else knows better than I do.  One day.

One day, I'll be a proper domestic goddess. There will be no perpetual pile of laundry, the ironing mountain will be vanquished, the floors will be clean, the cupboards will be full & there will be something delicious in the oven for dinner every.  single.  night.  One day.

One day, I'll cross everything off my to do list.  There will be no unpaid bills, no post-it notes on the fridge advertising the jobs I keep avoiding, no little pile of 'to deal with later' letters on the table, collecting dust.  One day.

One day, I'll have my old (ie. pre-baby) shape back.  My skinny jeans will be rocking the park & playgroup scene rather than hanging trapped in my wardrobe, dreaming of former glories.  One day.

One day, we'll be comfortable.  Living each day without worrying about cashflow, those stupid bills, budgeting, snapping up bargains, stretching every penny to breaking point.  We'll have enough to be happy and occasionally even silly, rather than just 'getting by'.  One day.

For today though, I'll make do with stretching the grocery budget & feeling a bit podgy in my 'fat day' jeans.  I'll be happy with the quick & easy chilli we're having for dinner, and that pile of washing & ironing can wait another day.  Because today, I've been playing with my little boy.  My gorgeous little man whose big blue eyes & cheeky monkey grin make me do the same - he could care less about the house being immaculate so long as can reach his toys & his favourite book for story time.  And his daddy will be home soon.  My best friend and the love of my life - who insists he doesn't care about the baby belly & actually bloody loves my chilli.  Suddenly everything else doesn't seem all that important. 

And besides, I'm sure the rest will all fall into place... One day.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous Mrs...so well said and so very, very true. Nothing more to say than...WELL DONE YOU!!!!
    :)Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social comments and analytics for this post...

    This post was mentioned on Twitter by lildudesmummy: "One Day": http://bit.ly/eJp3h (new post for the Work shop over at @porridgebrain's lovely blog!)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. turtleturtleturtle18 November 2009 at 16:21

    I think we all dream of THAT day. I hear it's just around the corner!
    Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I could have written all those first ones myself!! Funny how so many of us feel like that huh?

    Here's hoping that 'one day' is a day very, very soon in your future.

    Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you lovely - felt good to get it out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope so!
    Thanks - and thank you for another great bunch of prompts! xx

    ReplyDelete