Friday 13 November 2009

Perpetually playing catch up...

evrythingSeems to be something of a constant theme that, since boarding the good ship motherhood.

I used to be one of 'those' people who was all ridiculously organised - with a terribly anal compulsion to cross off all of the days to-do's before tucking myself up in bed.  I still make the lists.  Lots of them.  But that oh-so-smug feeling of crossing everything out for any given day, has become something of a rarity.  I'm always chasing my tail.  My little personal organiser (ie. a pretty notebook of the paperchase variety), is crammed full of things that need doing, brilliant ideas that could be done, and all too many things that really really need to be done, like, pronto.

All that's a bit of a rambly way of saying sorry to my neglected lil' bloggette.

You see, life's been even more crazy-busy than usual lately - the Mr had a week off, which as I'm sure many of you can relate to, throws everything into mayhem & confusion.  And it was his birthday, which meant not one, but TWO mummy & daddy dates on the trot! (I know, shocking!), which also meant the MIL assuming the role of live-in-babysitter for 2 days - very generous, but a surefire formula for more mayhem & confusion (and converting of front room to bomb site via the medium of 'makeshift guest room').  Then we spent a few days at the in-laws - very lovely, but not at all conducive to Getting Things Done.  One of the LD's chums was the big 1-2(months that is), so off to his party we went (which was brilliant - his mummy had put so much effort in, and all the babies had a great time - LD even played his first game of pass the parcel!) - another day gone.  Then throw in all the usual coffee & playdates (including a super outing with @ilovemonty, @kellyfairy & @omgmummy - very good times, and proof positive that the four of us make incredibly beautiful children. like there was ever any doubt.), supermarket runs, half arsed attempts at laundry & ironing... well, you know how it goes. The things to do vs hours in a day ratio hasn't exactly been in my favour.

And it's annoying - because I'm forgetting to write about SO much good Little Dude stuff, which is kind of the whole point of this blogging adventure!

So, this is me giving myself a blogging report card, and it says "must do better". And I will.  Honest.

In the meantime, I'll make up for being rubbish by pointing you to the brilliance of others...

~This post by @mummytips, is incredible.  If you haven't read it yet, do.  If you have, read it again, and then check out the brilliant blog party she's hosting too.

~Dare I mention the C word yet?  Well, we are almost half way through November, and if you're thinking about making your gifts, you best get cracking. @Violetposy's Thrifty Christmas is packed full of excellent ideas.  Go see!

~Speaking of gifts, if you don't fancy making your own, why not have a peek at the Christmas Collection over at Icklebabe? Beautiful things for your little folk.

Lastly, *big thank yous* to everyone who's still reading/following/subscribed even through the change of location & the big chunks of white noise. You all rock ♥

5 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you, it was lovely to see you too. It wasn't long enough really, looking forward to our next meeting already :)

    Good luck with the to do lists. Mine is massive and someone told me today Christmas Day is exactly 6 weeks. Which as I am away for 2 of them is making me a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 weeks? How is that possible?!
    I really really need to get on with stuff...

    ReplyDelete